Bath man who fended off out of control Fox assaulted once more

Eighty-eight-year-old Norman Kenney says that their Friday evening was going easily.

“I had just returned from the store, parked my car, and when the door closed I heard this little ‘mew,'” Kenney said.

The resigned fire head of Bath says that they thought the sound originated from their feline.

“So I looked, and it was a fox, starting to come to me,” Kenney said.

They says the fox had the option to bring their down subsequent to jumping on their.

“I’m in the middle of that driveway trying to beat it off with a cane, and the cane kept breaking,” Kenney said.

Kenney was damaged and nibbled all over their hands and face. They got treatment at Midcoast Hospital, remembering fastens for their finger and eyebrow.

“The fox must have grabbed on to [my eye],” Kenney said. “It’s a wonder he didn’t get the eyeball and pull the eye ball out.”

They says that a close by neighbor helped pull the fox off of their, and Bath police say they put the fox down.

“The fox is still being tested,” Deputy Chief Andrew Booth said.

For Kenney, this is a pitiless rendition of history repeating itself. Back in September, they choked an out of control fox to death with their foot when it assaulted their.

“The [January attack] was a bigger fox,” Kenney said. “The last one, I was able to get it with my foot. This one, I was just strangling it with my bare hands hoping it would stop clawing me.”

It’s a circumstance Kenney wouldn’t wish on anybody.

“I was afraid he was going to get loose and really chew me up,” Kenney said.

Kenney is getting treatment throughout the following couple a long time to ensure they are without rabies.

Meanwhile, Kenney says they are going to go with somewhat more “firepower.”

“I’ve got a different walking stick. It’s an old one. An old wooden one. I’m going to start using that,” Kenney said.

Any individual who goes over a possibly out of control creature is approached to look for haven and call police.